Monday, March 31, 2008

Utah Trip

Well, I have a very fun week in Utah.
Saturday night, I acted as the Easter Bunny and put together all the Easter baskets, filled eggs, and snuck out into the kitchen to put it all out without anyone hearing me. It was really fun! In the morning, everyone checked out their Easter baskets and then got ready to go to the "Music and the Spoken Word" performance in Salt Lake. It was held in the Tabernacle and the sound was amazing!!! After that, we walked around on the temple grounds and took pictures. When we got back home to my grandparents' house, everyone just relaxed, well, unless they were working on getting dinner ready. My cousin Brandon and I hid all the Easter eggs while all the little kids were stuck outside. There were seriously like a million eggs!!! The kids came in and hunted for them and then we just stuffed ourselves with junk. For dinner we had ham, jello with pineapple in it, potatoes, rolls, and I can't remember what else. Altogether, it was a pretty good Easter.

On Monday, we spent the day at BYU. Everywhere that we went I would point out where we did something at EFY. I really got on my parents' nerves after the 15th thing or so. After we were done at BYU, we went to a few sporting goods stores to find clothes and other necessities for skiing/snowboarding. Then we went to visit our friends, the Daniels, and also borrow some of their snow apparel. It was a school night for them, though, so we didn't stay long.

On Tuesday, we woke up bright and early to go skiing/snowboarding. The people who skied were me, my mom, my dad, my cousins Elizabeth and Shannon, and my aunt. The people who snowboarded were my brothers Bryant and Parker, my cousin Brandon, and my uncle. It was a blast! At first, I was on my butt the whole way down (well, pretty much), but after a while, I could make it without falling once, though I still did go at a snail's pace. My brothers were put in snowboarding school and Shannon was in ski school until lunchtime. After that, they rode the slopes with us.

On Wednesday, we went to BYU to go bowling. Of course I lost, but I don't really care. I just played to have fun. Later, my family and I went to visit the Daniels again to return their clothes. We only stayed for an hour and then went to visit our friends, the Weinheimers. We stayed there for 3 hours, although it was a school night. I had so much fun! My friend Brayden and I battled it out on Gutair Hero for about an hour and then Brayden, his sister Aly, and I just talked the rest of the time. It was a lot of fun!

Thursday was a just a relaxation day. We pretty much did nothing. I went to the store with my grandma, and also went shopping with my mom, my aunt, and Elizabeth. We went to Panda Express for Dinner and then the Malt Shoppe for dessert, but that's about it.

On Friday, my family drove home from Utah. For the first 6 hours, pretty much everyone was asleep in the car. We got home around 3:30 PM.

Altogether, it was a very fun trip. Yes, I know, this was another very, extremely long post. I'll try to make the next one shorter!

No comments: