Sunday, February 3, 2008

Dad's New Calling

Well, it's Sunday and that means school tomorrow. At least it is late start and (WOOHOO!) no seminary!

Ok, so on Tuesday and Wednesday, my mom was making me clean out my closet a bit, and trust me that was not easy. I thought she had just gotten the urge to have me clean. Then, when I got home from school on Thursday, there was a car outside our house that I thought I recognized, but I wasn't sure. My parents were not home yet and I went upstairs to start on my homework. Then I saw a blue duffle bag and suitcase on the floor and my grandma's brush on my dresser. I immediately called my mom and said, "So mom... I think I know why you made me clean my closet... where are Grandma and Grandpa?" They weren't suppose to come up from Utah until March when my brother turns 12 and is ordained a deacon and receives the Arronic Priesthood. When my mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa came home, I immediately asked, "I thought you guys weren't coming down until March! Why are you here now?" They said they came to escape the snow. Not so. Today, my dad was called into the Bishopric as second Councilor to the Bishop. Before he could be set apart to his calling, he needed to be ordained a High Priest, and he had asked my grandpa to do that. My whole family was there to support my dad; my grandparents, my aunt and uncle, and my cousins, as well as a couple friends. My dad has a busy schedule awaiting him. I know that he will be able to accomplish everything he needs to.

Oh! On another note, I can't wait for the Valentine's Dance this Saturday!!! It's our first 4-stake dance! There will be soo many people there! Hooray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin, wazz up? Hopefully I can go to the Valentine Dance with you! My mom has to make the final call! Tell your family I said hi. Love ya always,BFF!I miss you!
LOVE,
Kit-Kat (aka Kathryn)